- Connect RED clip to + terminal and BLACK clip to – terminal of the power source of the circuit under test. the supply voltage should not exceed 18v DC.
- For TTL and DTL,set the upper select switch to the side marked “TTL”. For CMOS, set the upper select switch to the side marked “CMOS”.
- Contact the probe pin to the point to be tested, the LED’s will indicate its logic states:
- A: ALL LEDs OFF —- HIGH IMPEDANCE
- B: RED LED ON ——HIGH STATE [ 1 ] |
- C: GREEN LED ON — LOW STATE [0 ]
- D: ORANGE LED ON — PULSE
- For detecting and storing pulse or level transition set lower select switch to side marked “PULSE” first. Contact the probe pin to the point to be tested. The LED’s will indicate its basic state. Then set the lower select switch to side marked “MEM”, the orange LED will light when any pulse or level transition is detected. The pulse direction, in comparison with the original basic state, can be determined. After use, reset logic probe by setting the lower select switch back to the side marked “PULSE”.
July 10, 2017