This breakout board uses the LTC3588 Piezoelectric Energy Harvester from Linear Technologies. This board can be used not only for harvesting piezoelectric energy, but solar energy as well. There is a bridge rectified input for piezo elements (PZ1 and PZ2) and a direct input (VIN) for DC sources. Both are clamped to 20V. In addition, the board can simply be used as a standalone nanopower buck regulator.
Four output voltages (1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and 3.6V) are pin selectable with up to 100mA of continuous output current and comes pre-configured for an output of 3.3V. However, the output capacitor may be sized to service a higher output current burst. An input protective shunt set at 20V enables greater energy storage for a given amount of input capacitance.
- 950nA Input Quiescent Current (Output in Regulation – No Load)
- 450nA Input Quiescent Current in UVLO
- 2.7V to 20V Input Operating Range
- Integrated Low-Loss Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier Up to 100mA of Output Current
- Selectable Output Voltages of 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V, 3.6V
- High Efficiency Integrated Hysteretic Buck DC/DC
- Input Protective Shunt – Up to 25mA Pull-Down at VIN ≥ 20V
- Wide Input Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) Range